Lettleiki offers a variety of teaching services:
Riding lessons | Clinics | Lectures | Demonstrations
Riding school | Summer Camp Programs
Ellie Pittman and Mackenzie Durbin are our experienced full-time instructors at Léttleiki Icelandics. We are also pleased to announce that Alexandra Dannenmann of Florida Icehorse Farm has been working closely with our teaching and training program. Every year we have guest teachers/trainers coming to teach from Iceland and Europe.
Our riding school is for all ages and levels of riders. The primary goal of the riding school is to teach good horsemanship skills applicable to all breeds and riding styles. For more advanced students we offer more specialized Icelandic horse training lessons.
- Learn basic equine care skills
- Develop an independent seat
- Develop understanding for horse behavior and how to use that knowledge
as a rider to better communicate
- Learn how to apply your aids in a systematic yet sensitive fashion
- Develop the skills to ride all four gaits: walk, trot, tölt, and canter
We also offer more specialized lessons for advanced riders, for example: dressage exercises with the Icelandic horse, advanced gait training, riding the flying pace, competition training, etc.
Check our schedule for more info or call 502-541-4590.
- USIHC Riding Badge Program
- Clinics and Seminars
- Game days
- Barn parties
- Summer Camps and After School Programs
- Drill team